Cox Communications is the third-largest cable TV and broadband services provider in the United States with over 6 million customers. Cox offers cable TV, high-speed Internet and home phone packages and also allows customers to bundle their services into one package.
Cox Cable, Internet and phone packages are available in several states including Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Kansas, Massachusetts and Virginia. To see if you live in an eligible service area, visit the Cox website and enter your ZIP code.
There are multiple Cox Cable packages to choose from. Channel counts vary by location. To see which packages are available in your area, visit the Cox Communications website. Cox Cable packages include:
- Cox TV Economy – The smallest package includes family-friendly programming
- Cox Advanced TV – The most popular package with sports and entertainment channels
- Cox Advanced TV Preferred – Comes with access to On Demand and HD programming
- Cox Advanced TV Premier – The largest package with the most channels and features
Each Cox Cable package contains a variety of channels. Customers can access popular entertainment, news, sports and movie networks. Cox also offers customers channels in HD as well as the option to add premium channels like HBO® and CINEMAX®. Customers can even access thousands of TV shows, movies and primetime events On Demand.
Cox TV technology includes a standard receiver, HD DVR receiver and the Record 6 DVR that can record up to 6 shows at once. With a Cox Communications digital telephone package, customers can get TV Caller ID. Customers can always get assistance with their services and equipment from Cox customer service.
DIRECTV is the nation’s #1 satellite TV service with over 30 million customers. It provides satellite television service across the country and offers a variety of programming packages to choose from. Customers can also bundle their DIRECT TV service with high-speed Internet and home phone service from some of the industry’s top providers.
You can get DIRECTV service anywhere in the country since it doesn’t require traditional cables and is available in 100 percent of U.S. households. All you need is a clear view of the southern sky and you can get DIRECTTV entertainment in your home.
DIRECTV has a variety of programming packages to choose from. Each has its own channel count and includes different features. The available packages include:
- ENTERTAINMENT – Includes over 140 top entertainment and news channels
- CHOICE™ – Contains over 150 digital channels
- XTRA – The most popular package option with over 205 digital channels
- ULTIMATE – This package includes over 225 digital channels
- PREMIER™ – The largest package that contains over 285 digital channels as well as premium networks like HBO®, STARZ®, CINEMAX® and SHOWTIME®
With DIRECTV, customers can get up to 285 digital channels including some of the top names in entertainment, movies, sports and news. DIRECT TV also has the most full-time HD channels available, over 195.1 Local channels are available in high definition in 98% of households.2
DIRECTTV service includes advanced technology options to help customers get the most out of their programming package. There are a number of different receivers to choose from including a standard receiver, HD receiver, DVR, HD DVR and the Genie HD DVR.3 DIRECTV also offers mobile technology that enables customers to watch shows and movies on their laptop, tablet or phone.4
Data collected 1/13/14 from http://ww2.cox.com/residential/home.cox