Compare Cox Cable Packages to DIRECTV Packages
Cox Cable Packages
Customers have several different Cox Cable packages to choose from, each with a different channel count and features. There are also bundle options available that allow customers to pair their Cox TV packages with Cox home phone and Internet services. Each package is backed by Cox Cable customer service.
Cox TV Packages
There are multiple Cox TV packages available. The number of Cox Cable channels included in each package varies by service area. To see the channel counts offered in different areas, customers can go to the Cox Communications website and enter their ZIP code. Some of the available Cox Cable packages include:
- Cox TV Economy – The smallest Cox package includes one standard receiver and a variety of family-friendly programming
- Cox Advanced TV – This is the most popular Cox TV package and includes a number of popular channels and access to On Demand titles
- Cox Advanced TV Preferred – The Advanced TV Preferred package gives customers the ability to add premium channels like HBO® as well as Whole Home DVR receiver
- Cox Advanced TV Premier – The largest Cox Cable package includes the most available channels with three popular TV Paks and HD programming
Each package also comes with Cox TV technology including a number of different receivers and features.
Cox Cable Channels
There are a variety of Cox Cable channels included in each programming package. Customers can enjoy popular family and entertainment channels as well as sports coverage, news and movies. Customers also have the option to add premium networks like HBO® and CINEMAX®. Access to Pay-Per-View and On Demand titles is also included with most packages.
Customers can choose from multiple DIRECTV programming packages to find the one that fits their TV needs. Each package includes a variety of popular channels as well as access to On Demand titles and equipment upgrades.1
DIRECTV Programming Packages
With a range of channel counts, prices and features, DIRECTV offers a varied selection of programming packages. Plus, since DIRECTV is available in 100% of U.S. households, customers can choose from the entire list of packages regardless of where they live. The available DIRECTV packages include:
- ENTERTAINMENT – Includes over 140 of the top entertainment and news channels with access to On Demand titles
- CHOICE™ – The CHOICE™ package offers over 150 digital channels that include popular entertainment, sports and movie networks
- XTRA – The most popular DIRECTV package option, XTRA contains over 205 digital channels with more sports, movies, news and entertainment than CHOICE™
- ULTIMATE – With over 225 digital channels, this package offers a great selection of entertainment options and also includes the ENCORE® movie channels
- PREMIER™ – DIRECTV’s top-of-the-line package that includes over 285 digital channels, all of the premium networks and over 35 specialty sports channels
Each DIRECTV programming package contains a variety of different channels, with the largest package offering over 285 channels. DIRECTV even offers the most full-time HD channels, including over 195 of the top entertainment, sports and movie networks.2 Premium channels like HBO®, CINEMAX®, STARZ® and SHOWTIME® can be added to any package. Customers can also access thousands of titles On Demand to watch anytime they want.
Data collected 1/21/14 from https://store.cox.com/residential-store/shop.cox?dc=w