Cable.TV is not affiliated with Time Warner Cable and is operated by DirectStarTV, a DIRECTV authorized dealer.
Time Warner Technology
Time Warner Cable packages give customers access to Time Warner technology, equipment and more. Here are some of the technologies available from TWC.
Time Warner Cable DVR
Time Warner Cable DVR options include an HD DVR and a Whole House HD DVR. Both cable boxes have the capability to pause live TV and record programming, among other features.
- The Time Warner Cable HD DVR allows you to record up to two shows at once and to record as much as 30+ hours of programs.
- The Time Warner Cable Whole House DVR or HD DVR also allows you to record up to two shows at once. The Whole House HD DVR can record up to 75+ hours of programs.
There’s also a Standard Box for those interested in fewer channels and features. This box only includes the capability to watch regular and HD programs.
Time Warner Cable On Demand
Time Warner Cable On Demand includes thousands of titles to watch anytime. Some titles are free to watch, but other titles must be ordered for a charge. Pricing for On Demand titles is found online or in the On Demand section of the Time Warner Cable TV Guide.
Customers with any package can access Time Warner Cable On Demand, but the Starter TV and Standard TV packages both require a TWC Box for access. On Demand is not available for customers who have a CableCARD™ instead of a TWC Box.
Time Warner Cable TV Guide
The Time Warner Cable TV Guide lists all shows on TV up to a week in advance. Listings can be browsed by category and can be searched by show title, themes and ratings. On Demand and DVR recordings can also be accessed via the Time Warner Cable TV Guide.
With DIRECTV packages, customers gain access to DIRECTV’s technology, including equipment, apps, mobile viewing, On Demand and more.
DIRECTV DVR and Genie HD DVR
DIRECTV offers many receiver types, including HD, DVR, HD DVR and advanced HD DVR equipment. Different receivers include different DIRECTV technology and features. With the Genie HD DVR and Whole-Home HD DVR set ups, shows can be recorded using any TV and recordings can be watched in any room.
- The Genie HD DVR offers the most advanced DIRECTV technology in a receiver. Genie has 200 hours of HD recording capacity, can record up to 5 shows at once, allows On Demand viewing and includes the capability to watch two channels at the same time with Picture-in-Picture.1
- The HD DVR has 100 hours of HD recording capacity, includes Whole-Home DVR access to watch and record in any room, includes On Demand titles and more.
- The standard DIRECTV DVR has 100 hours of standard-definition recording capacity.
Customers can also choose a TiVo HD DVR, an HD receiver or a standard receiver. All DIRECTV receivers include parental control settings, access to over 285 channels and more.
DIRECTV On Demand
To access DIRECTV On Demand, customers must have a Genie HD DVR, HD DVR or TiVo receiver. With these receivers, customers can access thousands of On Demand movies and shows at any time. On Demand titles are available to watch for free.2
Customers with able receivers can also access DIRECTV CINEMA with hundreds of brand new movies available to order and watch for a set price.
DIRECTV TV Guide
The DIRECTV On-Screen Guide can be used to check channel listings up to 14 days in advance. Customers can set the guide to only display the channels they subscribe to, and can be customized to list their favorite channels. The Guide is also available to use online or via the DIRECTV Tablet App.
Sources and Research
Data collected 1/13/14 from http://www.timewarnercable.com