Comcast Internet stand-alone offerings
Comcast Internet is available either bundled with TV and phone service or in a singular Internet package. Check out some details about Comcast Internet and compare the offerings to other television and Internet providers in your area.
What do you get from Comcast Internet?
Comcast Internet comes with some advantages, including Constant Guard® Internet protection and mobile apps.
Comcast promises reliable Internet with around-the-clock fast speeds. Your family can use plenty of Internet devices all at the same time without lagging or impossible connections. With Wi-Fi from Comcast, you’ll enjoy fast speeds and be connected all over your home.
Are you always on the lookout for questionable websites and always checking your computer for problems? We could all use a bit more peace of mind when it comes to online activity. Comcast offers its own Internet security protection, called Constant Guard®. Constant Guard® includes:
- Protection for all the passwords you use online. Constant Guard® allows for one-click access to the accounts you use all the time.
- Norton® Security Suite for built-in protection. Safeguard your home Internet networks against viruses, phishing attacks and more.
- Secure backup protection. Constant Guard® backs up and saves your important files, including pictures and documents.
- IDENTITY GUARD® for identity theft protection. This feature includes Lost Wallet Protection and more.
Plus, Comcast Internet offers XFINITY Connect, an app you can use with your smartphone or computer. Access your XFINITY email, check voicemails, access your contact list and calendar and even check and send text messages if you subscribe to XFINITY Voice Unlimited. XFINITY Connect Comcast Internet packages all come with up to 7 email accounts – that’s plenty of email accounts to satisfy all your needs.
Check out the Comcast packages to learn more about Comcast Internet service.
Choices for Comcast Internet packages
Comcast Internet is available in different packages at different speeds. The faster the Internet download speeds, the higher the monthly price. Choose the proper Internet speed for your home based on what you like to do online and how many Internet-enabled devices are used in your house. If you simply check your email and social networks, a low Internet speed is suitable. If your home is full of online gamers and online movie-watchers, a faster Internet connection is necessary.
Comcast Internet packages include download speeds of anywhere from 3 Mbps to 105 Mbps. Mbps stands for megabits per second – this means you could download Internet files at 3 megabits a second or up to 105 megabits a second. When shopping for any Internet provider, be sure to check their available speeds and check their prices to get a suitable speed at an acceptable price.
- The Economy Plus package offers download speeds of up to 3 Mbps. This speed is most appropriate for users who will be visiting standard websites, checking and sending emails and updating social networks.
- Comcast Internet offers download speeds of up to 6 Mbps in the Performance Starter package. The Performance Starter package is faster than Economy Plus, and is suitable for light Internet usage.
- The Performance package includes download speeds of up to 20 Mbps and upload speeds of up to 4 Mbps when the Comcast PowerBoost® kicks in. PowerBoost® speeds up the first 10 MB of your downloads and the first 5 MB of your uploads, giving a blast of quick Internet.
- The Blast!® package from Comcast is better for families and people who will be using the Internet to do things beyond online shopping, checking websites and sending emails. Comcast customers who want to play online games and watch movies online will need at least the Blast!® package. With download speeds of up to 50 Mbps and upload speeds of up to 10 Mbps, Blast!® is suitable to play games and watch videos online without lags.
- Are you always online, downloading large files and playing games? Does your family all use multiple devices at the same time? The Blast!® package may not be enough to do everything you want to do – but the Extreme 105 package can handle much more Internet usage. Extreme 105 includes download speeds up to 105 Mbps and upload speeds up to 20 Mbps – much more fitting for homes with multiple computers and heavy Internet users.
Get the details about Comcast TV
For more details about Comcast TV and Internet bundles, check the Comcast TV or Comcast XFINITY pages here.