Compare Comcast to DIRECTV
Cable.TV is not affiliated with Comcast Communications and is operated by DirectStarTV, a DIRECTV authorized dealer.
Comcast is the largest cable TV provider in the United States. Comcast offers cable TV, Internet and home phone service to over 20 million customers.
Comcast TV is available in various geographic regions throughout the country. Serviceability is dependent on if the cables used to transmit the service can reach your home. To find out if Comcast offers service in your area, visit the Comcast website and enter your zip code to see availability.
Comcast offers a varied selection of channels in cable TV packages. The number of Comcast TV channels available depends on which package you select. There are more than 200 Comcast TV channels included in the largest package. Premium channels like HBO® and SHOWTIME®,as well as additional movie channels are accessible through a Comcast subscription.
Comcast TV, also known as XFINITY TV, offers customers five different Comcast packages to choose from, each with a varied number of Comcast channels.
- Limited Basic- This Comcast package includes only 10 local programming channels
- Digital Economy- The Digital Economy package from Comcast TV has 45+ channels
- Digital Starter- This package from Comcast includes more than 80 channels
- Digital Preferred- The Digital preferred package has more than 160 channels
- Digital Premier- This is Comcast’s largest package with more than 200 channels included
Comcast technology includes high-definition and 3D programming. Comcast also has traditional cable box receivers, HD and DVR receivers.
DIRECTV is the nation’s #1 satellite TV service with more than 30 million customers. DIRECTV offers satellite TV packages and bundle packages with leading Internet providers.
DIRECTV is a national satellite TV provider not restricted by conventional cables. In fact, DIRECTV is available in 100 percent of U.S. households. All you need is a clear view of the southern sky to get DIRECTV service in your home.
DIRECTV offers over 285 channels in the largest package available. You can also get over 195 full-time HD channels, as well as premium channels from DIRECTV. DIRECTV also provides local channels for 99 percent of customers; 98 percent can also get local channels in high-definition.
DIRECTV has five different packages with varied channel counts and features included.
- ENTERTAINMENT- The smallest DIRECTV package includes over 140 digital channels
- CHOICE™- The CHOICE™ Package from DIRECTV has over 150 channels for your enjoyment
- XTRA- The XTRA Package includes more than 205 channels
- ULTIMATE- The second largest package from DIRECTV offers customers more than 225 channels
- PREMIER®- DIRECTV’s largest package is the PREMIER™ Package, which includes the four major premium networks. This package has 285+ channels available
DIRECTV technology starts with the individual satellite dish installed at your home which receives the satellite signals. With DIRECTV you have a choice of several receivers, including a standard receiver, HD receiver and HD DVR. DIRECTV also offers a whole-home DVR. DIRECTV technology extends beyond the equipment to the available programming. You can get HD and 3D programming, as well as other entertainment features.
Sources and Research
Data collected 12/19/13 from http://www.comcast.com/